With up to 12-cores, 24-processing threads, and Dual-AMD FirePro GPUs, Apple’s new Mac Pro is an editing beast. And Apple has finally updated their Logic Pro X Software in order to harness all that horse power.
Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated new tools for professional songwriting, editing, and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music. – Logic Pro X on the Mac App Store
With the ability to leverage all processing threads, Logic Pro X 10.0.7 fixes a host of sync issues and streamlines a lot of functions that can now be re-applied with a simple copy, cut and paste. The new interface has been completely rewritten and offers the following features:
- Now supports 24 processing threads on 12-core Mac Pro models
- The current volume, pan, and send values for all selected tracks can now be inserted at the playhead position
- Enabling Low Latency Mode no longer creates sync issues for Drummer, Ultrabeat, Native Instruments Machine and other plug-ins with integrated step sequencers
- Automation can now be copied and pasted to any location using the Marquee tool
- Adds an option for MIDI volume and pan data to control the instrument plug-in instead of the channel strip
- Resolves several snap and alignment guide issues
- Various fixes that improve XML import and export with Final Cut Pro X
- Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
With over 1500 instrument and effect patches from more than 800 sampled instruments, Logic Pro X offers over 3600 loops for music production in a wide variety of genres. Logic’s 64-bit architecture enables sound engineers to tweak vocals, change the pitch of music melodies with their “Flex Pitch” feature, alter timing and tempo through “Flex Time,” and automate tracks and looks to build compositions quickly and easily. And with the Logic Remote for iPad app, engineers can make changes and mix music anywhere in the world and sync it from their iOS device.
Cost of Logic Pro X is $199, and the new update is now available through the Mac App store.
Hat tip: Ray and Mac Rumors