The new live streaming online workshop, which will launch later this month, will consist of six different 90 minute video lessons and will be taught by certified ARRI trainer Florian Rettich. Each video will cover the capabilities of the ALEXA 65, ALEXA Mini LF and ALEXA LF large format cinema cameras, and will cover working with ARRI’s signature prime lenses, LPL mounts, options for wireless video transmission and lens control.
Here’s the complete breakdown of subjects covered:
- In-depth knowledge of ARRI’s large-format camera systems (ALEXA Mini LF, ALEXA LF, ALEXA 65), ARRI Signature Prime lenses, LPL lens mount and PL-to-LPL adapter and postproduction tools
- Creative ARRI look workflows and ARRI color science
- Understanding linear light, logarithmic and video encoding
- Advantages of ARRIRAW and Apple ProRes codecs
- Understanding recording formats and their applications
- Exposing for SDR and HDR
- Experience the full capabilities when it comes to HDR and wide color gamut monitoring
- Exclusive insights into ARRI camera and sensor design
- Wireless camera control via Electronic Control System and WiFi
- Learning sessions with our online simulators and tools, as well as common postproduction tools
- Corresponding content for self learning units and exercises
The six live training sessions will also allow for a Q&A session, where users will be able to ask questions, as well as participate in discussions through ARRI’s closed Facebook group. Sessions will also be recorded and posted, should users miss a session. Users will also receive a certificate of completion, making them certified ARRI LF Users. The ARRI LF Workshop will run from July 15-23rd, with optional sessions on July 29, 30th. All workshops begin at 11am CEST Time.
Cost of the workshop will be €575, but ARRI says that space will be limited. If interested parties are also planning to be in the Munich area, on July 9&10, ARRI is also offering 12 participants a hands on large format workshop for €1,547.
Tickets can be purchased through EventBrite here.