By James DeRuvo (editor in chief)
Are you well versed in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and other Creative Cloud applications? doddleNEWS is looking for a part time writer who can create tutorials to round out our growing collection of post production training. Successful candidates must be primarily familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro, and capable of writing short, but interesting tutorials on post production techniques.
– Write and edit original web content and tutorials on Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition.
– Include images to reflect techniques being taught
– Research new topics in the series
– Assure web content is user-friendly and includes relevant keywords for SEO benefit
– Coordinate with the editor (that’s me) on their specific content over the phone or internet
Required Skills & Knowledge:
– Mastery of Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and other apps in Creative Cloud
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to set priorities and work independently
– Meet deadlines precisely and efficiently
– Near perfect grammar and spelling
– Close attention to detail and strong editing skills
This is a freelance, work for hire position compensation will be on an per article basis, billed in batches per quarter. The rate at which we pay for our blogs and tutorials is based on the subject matter, length of tutorial, and CV (your experience writing). This is for writing tutorials only, but could expand to more as time goes on.
How to apply:
* Please submit a resume and writing sample. What I would recommend is that you take a look at the tutorials linked above for style and format, and then submit a writing sample, which should demonstrate your ability to write concisely and professionally on a specific topic relating to Premiere Pro. The submission should be no longer than 350 words. If you have one already written, even it’s published somewhere else, that’s fine – just send me a link.
* We’d also like to see where you’re published online, so include some links of samples for review.
* Your resume should also highlight any certifications you have and/or any particular areas of expertise in the legal field or related subjects.
If this sounds like a gas, we’d love to have you join the team! There’s some exciting new plans just over the horizon and we want you to be a part of it. Emails can be sent to email@example.com with your resume and writing package. Subject heading should be: Tutorial writing submission.