DSLR and action camera shooters may consider computer controlled 3 axis gimbal rigs like the Freefly MoVI M5 to not only be out of their price range, but overkill for what they do. But the Glidecam, now that’s an indie shooter’s dream. And the new iGlide II stabilizer is no exception.
“The Glidecam iGlide II now has a top-of-the-line, precision Glidecam gimbal with full convergence controls built in for total accuracy. With the Glidecam iGlide II hand-held Stabilizer your camera seems to float, always balanced, isolated from your hands undesirable motions.” – Glidecam.com
Designed out of precision aluminum to carry heavier camera packages of up to 3 pounds, the iGlide II is built with an improved camera mounting platform with 4 steel head weight plates to make it easier to fine tune and balance, even with ultra light cameras like the GoPro Hero4.
Its three-axis handle grip enables the iGlide II to stay rock steady, even with heavier cameras attached. The iGlide also has an adjustable monopod pulls out from 12″-16″ and base platform which enables users to balance it quickly by adjusting the monopod or simply adding to subtracting weights. The result is no batteries to charge, no firmware to update, and no software to manage it.
“The iGlide II works so well that it allows you to shoot incredibly smooth and graceful shots even while going to extremes like running up and down stairs or traveling over rugged terrain. The iGlide II floats in an stabile and always balanced condition, isolating your hand movement and keeping the platform still and natural as you pan, tilt, and even run with the camera. No shake is transferred.”
- Dynamic Camera Balance Platform (Camera Mounting Platform)
- Adjustable convergence, precision, three-axis Gimbal
- No-tools Telescoping Center Post
- Adjustable, inertial-control Base Platform
- Foam padded Handle Grip
- Precision Bearings at all vital points
- Made with precision Aluminum
- Anodized Studio Black
- Laser etched Labeling
- Allows unrestricted Booming and 360 degree Panning
- Base Platform includes one 1/4″ mounting hole for optional LCD Monitor attachment etc.
- Rubber feet under Base Platform
- Made in USA
- Designed for compact, low profile cameras weighing up to 3 lbs. (1.36kgs.)
- Camera Mounting Head Dimensions: 5.50″ x 3.25″ x .75″
- Base Platform Dimensions: 7.81″ x 3.25″
- Central Support Post: .75″ diameter
- 12″ tall in fully contracted mode
- 16″ tall in fully expanded mode
- Total Weight is 1 lb. 8 ozs. without Counter Weight Discs.
- Each large Counter Weight Disc averages 2.75 ozs.
- Each small Counter Weight Disc averages 1 oz.
- Each Camera Platform Weight Plate averages 4.1 ozs.
- The Glidecam XR-PRO includes 8 large, 4 small Counter Weight Discs, and 4 large Camera Platform Weight Plates
- 8 large Counter Weight Discs = 1 lb. 6.08 ozs.
- 4 small Counter Weight Discs = 4 ozs.
- 4 large Camera Platform Weight Plates = 1 lb. 4 ozs.
- The Camera Mounting Top Plate has 1/4″ mounting holes.
- The Base Platform has one 1/4″ mounting hole for optional LCD Monitor attachment etc.
- Made in USA.
The iGlide II includes 8 large, 4 small Counter Weight Discs, and 4 large Camera Platform Weight Plates. Price of the iGlide II is $249. For more information, visit iGlide.com.