By James DeRuvo (doddleNEWS)
If you’re a Live Grade Pro user, then there’s good news today, Pomfort has upgraded its color correction software with some new features that include live camera capture and metadata from multiple sources, giving users the ability to color grade on the fly.
LiveGrade Pro is the standard software for look management on set and beyond. Its complete scalability and superior integration with various camera workflows and setups have made it an integral part of TV, commercial and cinema productions.
With a cleaned up user interface to make it easier to use, Pomfort has added several new tools that help users to manage metadata from multiple camera sources during a live stream. This will make it easier to interact with their Silverstack media data management tool, and help to color grade live streaming and broadcast content.
The new Shot Library enables users to input live stream metadata in advance of the shooting day with camera related information as well as other details of an upcoming shot. That information can then be grouped in folders and bins according to the color grader’s organizational preferences. The metadata can also be brought in live from multiple camera devices through HD-SDI and stored in the Shot Library automatically.
To help with live color correction, Pomfort is also adding video scopes including WaveForm, Vector scope and histogram, so that the signal can be customized according to user preferences, live as it happens.
Other features of Version 4 of Pomfort Live Grade Pro include:
NEW SHOT LIBRARY:
- Extended Shot Library: Logging entire shooting days
- Metadata: Lots of new fields and columns for scene and camera related metadata
- Look Presets: Separate library for storing look presets
- Folder Hierarchy: Hierarchical folder structure for advanced project management
- Metadata preparation: Metadata entry before a shot is recorded
LIVE CAMERA METADATA:
- New Slot Bar: New overview of all attached cameras with live image and metadata
- Cameras: Display of live metadata from camera’s HD-SDI signals for ARRI Alexa, Sony F55, and Panasonic Varicam models
- Native Video Scopes: Waveform, histogram, vectorscope with settings
- Versatile: Video scopes can be used on live image, framegrabs and captured clips
KEYBOARD SHORTCUT MANAGER :
- Custom Keyboard Shortcuts: Define your individual shortcuts for any action in the main menu
- New Defaults: New, refined default shortcuts for streamlined interactive work on set
- Modernized: Refined and cleaned-up user interface
- AJA: Full support for multi-channel capture, playout, and metadata with devices such as Io 4K.
- Ranges: Handling of legal and extended ranges in capture and recordings
ARRI ALEXA LF:
- CAP Support: Grade control of ARRI Alexa LF cameras via Wifi-based CAP protocol.
They’ve also got free iOS apps available that work with their desktop versions.
LiveGrade Pro 4 Color Correction software is currently in public Beta. To be a part of the Beta, head over to https://pomfort.com/store/livegradepro/ and click on the Download Beta link. macOS users only.