With a focus on drones, action cameras, and virtual reality 360 video, ProGrade Digital announced at Photokina the availability of a new a new media card – the V60 UHS-II microSDXC, with speeds approaching 200 mp/s.
ProGrade Digital is pleased to announce expansion of our professional line to include a range of V60, UHS II microSDXC media cards. With this announcement, ProGrade Digital becomes one of the only companies to offer a microSDXC with a certified video speed class rating of V60.– Wes Brewer, ProGrade Digital Founder & CEO
The new V60 microSDXC UHS-II microSD media cards come in sizes of 32GB, 64GB and 128GB, and enjoy u3 write speeds of up to 80MB/s and a maximum read speed of up to 200 MB/s. Other features include:
- Performance speed certified to perform at a maximum read rate of up to 200MB/s; maximum write speed of up to 80MB/s
- V60 (Video Speed Class) tested and certified to perform at a minimum sustained write speed of 60MB/s
- Optimized for 4K, UHD, Full HD and most high bit rate MPEG-4 CODECs
- Rigorous full card testing, plus component-level testing down to individual memory chips
- Laser-etched serial number to track key components and manufacturing data in order to provide highest quality control
- Professional-level capacities 32GB, 64GB; 128GB in Q4
- Packaging: single and multi-pack in jewel case; includes full-size SD UHS-II adapter
- 3-year warranty
Prices for the ProGrade microSDXC V60 media cards begin at $49.99 for the 32GB card and up to $115 for the 129GB card.
In addition, ProGrade also announced a pair of new dual slot media card readers, including a Compact Flash & SD card reader, and a dual microSD card reader. With a USB 3.1 cable connection, the second generation readers can transfer speeds up to 10Gb/s, and include standard USB Type A and Type C connections.
- USB 3.1, Gen. 2 interface provides transfer speed of up to 10Gb/s (1.25GB/s)
- Supports concurrent maximum speed data transfer from cards in both slots
- LED indicator for data transfer activity
- Includes two 18” connection cables: one Type A to Type C and one Type C to Type C
- Magnetized bottom connects reader to laptop (using included metal mounting plate)
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 or later; Windows 10
- Backwards compatible with USB 3.0 devices
- 2-year warranty
The readers will go for $79.99, come with a 2 year warranty, and will be available Q4 later this year.
Ironically, with Panasonic joining the growing number of cameras supporting XQD media cards in the S1 series full frame mirrorless cameras, ProGrade seems to content to skip the faster media format, in favor of CFast 1 and SD speed standards. You’d think they’d want in on that action considering their Lexar pedigree.