I know, it’s not strictly a holiday centric story, but I’m feeling a bit festive today. OS3.3 offers some features including autonomous calibration of your monitor without having to connect it to a computer, customized false color settings through IRE ranges, adding a battery percentage notification to keep track of your battery life, and a new spot meter for the Luma waveform utility.
Other features include:
- HDMI Metadata now available
- Power Button LEDs have been updated
- Improved Toolbar Preview
- Higher quality Image Overlays
- “Selfie Mode” – Auto Horizontal Mirroring
- More Aspect Guides
- 9:16 and 1:1
- Custom Backdrops
The firmware update is compatible with the following SmallHD monitors:
- SmallHD FOCUS 5-inch
- SmallHD FOCUS OLED
- SmallHD FOCUS Bolt
- SmallHD 703 Bolt
- SmallHD 502 Bright & SmallHD 502, SmallHD 501
- SmallHD 700 Series – 702 Bright, 701 Lite, 702 Lite,
- SmallHD UltraBrights – 503 Ultrabright, 703 Ultrabright
- 1300 Series, 1700 Series, 2400 Series, and 3200 Series
Users of these models can download OS vs. 3.3 at SmallHD.com here.
While you’re over there, check out SmallHD’s 12 Days of FOCUS. In the lead to the holidays, SmallHD is going to be giving away one FOCUS camera monitor a day during the first twelve days of December. Since we’re already at December 5, the FOCUS SDI models have all been given away. But you still have a chance at 3 FOCUS OLEDs and four FOCUS OLED SDIs.
All you need to do is head over to this webpage, and scroll down until you see the link to the form. It’s about 3/4 the way down. Click on the link and answer a few quick questions, plus give your email information. Winners are being announced via Email and through Instagram Stories Each Day. Sweepstakes ends December 12th.