Refining their dashboard from the ground up, Red Giant Software has launched version 3.o of Red Giant Universe, their visual effects plugin and preset interface for Adobe Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC. Moreover, Red Giant has added give new, customize text effects to create a unique look to your titles.
With this update, users can enjoy an enhanced user experience thanks to the brand new Universe Dashboard, a dockable control board for Adobe Premiere Pro® and Adobe After Effects® that makes it simple to add effects and presets. – Red Giant Universe 3.0 press release
The new, dockable Universe dashboard offers easier access to over 75 Red Giant Universe’s visual effects plugins and presets, making it easier to streamline your visual effects workflow by saving time hunting for the tool you need. Additionally, users can now save their favorite effects and transitions as a “favorite” in order to access them with a simple touch of a button.
Moreover, a modified version of the RGU dashboard can be available for other applications outside of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, including Apple Final Cut Pro X and Motion, DaVinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer, and my new favorite, HitFilm Pro.
New Titles and text effects. Red Giant has also beefed up their titling and text effects tools with give new text generation effects, that bring more of the classic 80s and 90s vibe that RGU has popularized in the last few versions.If you love movies from War Games to The Matrix, and have always wanted to create those cool computerized text effects, or even if you want a simple text transition to establish a change of scene in your thriller, these tools are for you.
These effects include:
- Type Cast: Easily animate text properties like color, opacity, size, position and rotation – by the word or character.
- Type On: Quickly create computer terminal-style type reveals. Includes tons of options for customization and randomization.
- Screen Text: Fill your screen with scrolling code to create the look of an old-school or modern computer terminal.
- Hacker Text: Easily create computer hacker-style scrambled text animations. Simulate encrypting or decrypting text with many options for randomization and look.
- Text Tile: Generate multiple columns full of random data for use in motion graphics and computer terminal effects. Displayed information can be static or animated.
- Full: $199 annual; $30 monthly
- Academic: $99 annual
Subscribe through tool Farm for the best deal ($10 off).